Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Vet 3

We just got back from the vet again  (for the second time today), have I mentioned I have been there every day this week.  We tried to get help with the blocked tube, to no avail.  I am now leaving coca cola in it all night to see if it will dissolve the blockage.  I have to say the people at mission pet hospital are amazing and the night nurse was great.  She isn't even supposed to see patients but she was kind enough to help us try to figure out the tube.  While we were there she took off the bandage and we got to see the entry point of the tube in the neck.  It was quite infected and I'm thankful we went in so she had a chance to clean it up. It was just changed earlier today and was already quite pussy again.  She also gave Sam a shot of antibiotics because we can't give them now that the tube is blocked.  She said they should start working asap.  That makes me happy.  

This day has been exhausting and after such a promising day yesterday I am trying to not get discouraged.  The next possible step is to have a different tube put in via Sam's nasal cavity.  I hope we don't have to do that because this tube seems to work well, when it isn't blocked. 

I want to truly thank all of the readers, especially those who left encouraging words for Sam, David and I.  It means a lot to me to know that people are out there sending healing thoughts and energy to my little bunny!

1 comment:

Tamagosan said...

I'm so glad that he's got such great medical care. Hopefully it relieves some stress that the vet is pretty convenient...